Fuel management plays an important role in the generating enterprise production, and the cost of fuel accounts for 70% of generating cost, so controlling fuel cost is the key of cost reduction. Currently, fuel management depends on manual, which adds the huge extra cost and limits the long-term development of enterprise, as the reasons of measuring inefficiency and lots of manual errors.
Internet of things (IOT) is a logical successor of the rapid development of information age, which integrates the real-time data from various facilities to an intelligence terminal, improving management efficiency and eliminating artificial intervention. So we come up with
GD-FIOT system based on IOT for fuel management of generating enterprise.
This paper covers many aspects of GD-FIOT system such as
- Functions and benefits of GD-FIOT system
- Economical profits analysis.
Functions and Benefits of GD-FIOT System
GD-FIOT system has three basic functions:
- Machine instead of manual, artificial intervention can be eliminated as far as possible.
- All of the separate terminals are interconnected.
- All the services are intellectualization and automation.
GD-FIOT system uses advanced technologies of RFID, video monitoring, infrared induction, vehicle tracing and automatic measuring system, tightly coupling with ERP system, to monitor the fuel purchasing plan, measurement, storage and settle accounts comprehensively. GD-FIOT system uses the IOT method to control fuel intelligently to achieve information integrated management of fuel, contracts and measurement, etc.
The separate terminal of weighing and dispatching system is used to manage the vehicles and weighing without artificial intervention; it will be efficient, safe and reliable. Thus it’s easy to dispatch and preclude weighing cheating by RFID, infrared locating and video monitoring, etc; the separate terminal are connected with the core switch through an interface.
Users can use the separate terminal of quality inspecting system to manage the fuel sampling and inspecting as well as quality inspecting anti-cheating system, which improves the accuracy of sampling and collects the real-time data of quality inspecting. The two platforms are integrated with an interface that connected with the core switch.
The whole process of settling accounts can be directly monitored by controlling the dynamic data of contract and goods as well as the fuel purchasing and cash flow, which precludes cheating from the source. It tightly combines with ERP/MIS system.
As a result, heat-engine power plant GD-FIOT system is probably composed of four separate terminals such as contract system, weighing system, quality inspecting system and settlement system. These terminals are interconnected automatically and intelligently. All of the realtime data from different separate terminal are integrated into a core switch and directly displayed for management, which is convenient for managing and anticheating. It reduces the cost and improves management efficiency, and maximizes enterprise's economical benefits finally.
Economic Profits Analysis
- Without using GD-FIOT system, the weighing cheating cannot be avoided. It presumes that the total amount of enterprises goods exiting and entering per year is 2 million tons, and the price of average unit is $200 per ton, the vehicles are 50,000. There are only 1% vehicles cheating, and 3tons weight is cheated of each vehicle (other cheating are not included). The loss of the enterprise is: 50,000X1X3X200=$300,000 per year. With measuring weighing management system, the bugs of management are completely eradicated and the goods losing will be never happened.
- Quality inspecting is always the most important of enterprise's management. Quality inspecting management system is of high secrecy and unbreakable for fuel information with its absolute advantages. It automatically collects and calculates all the testing data and reports, resolutely precluding the manual factors in inspecting process.
- Scientific and reasonable system highly improves the enterprises production efficiency and reduces the operation cost. The advanced system provides information and data to decision makers accurately and timely, and it will improve management and promote construction planning and longtern-term development of the enterprise.
You may need other related products of the GD-FIOT Fuel Management IOT